Google Analytics

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Latest Addition


Kali, The Food Goddess: Vols. 1 & 2 is now available in e-book form. Like its print counterpart, it combines the first cookbook (A Compilation of Delightful Recipes and Memories of Food) with a selection of entries from the online column; and the second book, Fruits of the Family Tree. Also, a few new recipes have been added for this edition.

I linked and bookmarked the sections for easy maneuvering within the book. I was going to create a hyperlinked index but my level of sadomasochism was relatively low this week… But more importantly, this is hardly necessary given the search capabilities of most e-readers. It’s just not necessary.

Each version requires a different kind of formatting and I want to suggest to all those starting at this self-publishing thing never to do formatting when sleep-deprived. You tend to forget simple things and commit the same silly mistakes again and again.

The book is available at Smashwords, Amazon and Barnes and Noble. It will roll out to international online retailers in the next few weeks.

This ends the repurposing project and sets me free for new projects -- except for the damned press release. For some reason writing a press release for the cookbook seems like an impossible ordeal. I’m sure if I stop fretting about it some brilliant idea will occur to me.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

In other news, I was inspired recently to add another story for Because She Was a Woman and there’s some cage dancing involved. It’s not what you think, though.

I have an end for The Scent of Honeysuckle so that I may have it ready by Halloween after all.

There is a project in the works to encourage memoirs writing and I will share details once that gets going.

The intro to the steampunk-inspired series is ready to go and I am not entirely sure what I am waiting for, except that I wanted to finish the other projects first. I also want to finish the first installment so that there is only a short wait between the intro and the first full length book.

As things tighten at my end, I hope the royalties increase, though that is still not the sole or even the most important goal in my experiment. Now I can concentrate on some promotion and editing, and ideas to conquer a few new genres I have not yet tackled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment