Google Analytics

Friday, October 26, 2012

Pubit! Disappoints Again...


In the last year and a half since I began this experiment in self-publishing, I have put the best effort I could at every step. That doesn’t mean I couldn’t have done more, mind you, or that it was the smartest course. I parent my babies by the seat of the pants…

I have been watching for patterns in my reports and I have come to the conclusion that I can safely drop Pubit! It isn’t an extraordinary effort to publish for Nook, not anymore than it is to publish for the Kindle.

The problem is that Barnes & Noble makes me feel like a complete loser!

This is how my sales broke down for Period X:

Smashwords Premium CatalogueBarnes & Noble 19
Kindle 469
Pubit! 7

Yeah, so there’s that.

I’ll still sell out of B&N for Nook buyers, but what few royalties I get from that distribution channel simply do not seem to validate the work. Smashwords can handle that for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment