Google Analytics

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Victory!

I had a doctor’s appointment this morning. Ironically, on the TV in the waiting room they were showing “The Doctors” – explaining how doctors don’t “overbook” the way patients believe they do. Waiting for hours is nothing more than the result of unexpected emergencies that arise during the day. Of course, at this point I had been sitting there for an hour and a half waiting to get pricked with a needle and further enhance the awesome experience by peeing in a cup . . . all before having my first cup of coffee!

When I left the office, I had to take a nap. I awoke and found a message that the cookbook had reached #1 on Amazon. That tickled me, of course. The real kicker was that I shared the top of the Kindle gastronomy downloads with one of my favorite books.

I had a second review in Amazon, but it was an indignant accusation that I dared use the image of the Goddess I was named after and that I am not even Hindu. Of course, the person who wrote it probably has no way of knowing that my paternal great great grandmother, Veronique Narine, was born in Madras. This is immaterial because the review ignores the entire content of the book so its usefulness is moot. Another user chastised the first one for the review. I will not get involved.

This cannot take the small victory away from me: Kali and Flaco Sitting atop the List! Talkin’ about e-a-t-i-n-g!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment