Google Analytics

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cruisin'


Some days you wake up and your head is already full!

I had the entire closing chapter of the novel in my head. I had to do some research to pull it together, but there it was: laid out before me. Some of it surprised me and it turns out that one thing I had assumed about the heroine was wrong.

She is not a blonde.

That may not seem important, but it is one of the things that define the character.

Perhaps as I continue to write her, I will find out that I had assumed other things that are also wrong.

I based the villain on someone I once knew. But she is completely fictional, so she’ll live or die by her own attributes.

I got tired and stupid and did not save one version. I pretty fast when I am in the zone, so I lost about ten minutes of writing – you figure about 60 or 70 words per minute. Do the math and weep for my stupidity!

The details were still fresh in my head, and the research pages remained open.

I have an additional 3,700 words and the end of my main story. There might be an epilogue, but that’s not important right now. I have the first chapter, and one other chapter.

The chapters in between are coming in the next few weeks. I am in the zone!

Next I have to tackle the cruise ship. Did I mention there was going to be a cruise? Oh it’s going to be so cool. Wait.

Putting May to Rest already has 6 downloads on its first day! And the cookbook is straddling 1,000 downloads in almost a month. I finally heard from an editor and may have a review of Justified published – not a sure thing just yet. Plus I may have interesting news in the next few weeks. Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment