Google Analytics

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hitting the Wall

I hit the wall the other day. It was my fault, I went to bed too late and then slept for two hours before a doctor’s appointment. When I returned home, I was still putting notes together for the steampunk series and never got back to sleep. At about 9 pm I could no longer keep my eyes open. I took a two hour nap. Then I was up for several hours and hit the wall …

I have not properly sat at the laptop to write, exactly. I am translating Putting May to Rest into Spanish. This too will be an experiment. I have no idea whether I can pull it off, but I’ll try anything just to see where it goes. If it fails, I hope to be smart enough to dissect it and try again to improve my second chances.

In the meantime this is the story of downloads so far: the cookbook 1122, the novel 27 and the short story 9; plus one new sale this past week.

This may not be the stuff of rags to riches, but it remains fascinating and exciting to me. Remember that downloads and sales are at the choice of an audience you can entice but not control. No matter how you dice this, I’ve achieved a very interesting thing here.

What does it mean? It means I should have done this a long time ago, I am having a blast! I’ll intellectualize the ramifications later.

No comments:

Post a Comment