Google Analytics

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In these shoes?!


Little details on my on-going adventure keep trickling in.

There is an independent review on Smashwords for the cookbook. Apparently, I made the gentleman hungry and left him yearning to make a cocido

There was one sale for the short story yesterday at one of the retailers. The Spanish version will be available in the next couple of weeks (with a different cover that is hilarious).

Downloads have increased: 1186 for the cookbook, 29 for the novel and 19 for the short story.

In the meantime, I keep plugging away at the quasi-steampunk/alternate universe story. If I do it right, it will introduce this new world, the main characters and establish an on-going storyline, each with its own adventures and travails.

I did not plan this one and continue to pretty much make it up as I go. The only thing that seems clear right now is that the first book will concentrate on Dani’s first week in her new world – which I have decided to simply name Nieuwendam (instead of the more obvious New Amsterdam and after my favorite dance partner).

I still need an end. Something that has a killer hook! I’m not there, but I am enjoying getting there…

My favorite line so far:
Am I to exist in a world without stilettos?

No comments:

Post a Comment