Google Analytics

Friday, May 13, 2011

Projects: New and Old

This is unprecedented for me. I haven’t been hit with such a creative stride like this in my life! I am not complaining and if it wanes, I am sure there will be enough leftover energy to carry me for a while longer.

A friend informed me that there appeared to be a corrupted file and broken links at Smashwords. I resubmitted the file and it is back up. If you prefer to purchase Justified from one of the Big Two directly, you may go to the Amazon Kindle store or Barnes & Noble’s Nook store. I’ve provided links on the nav bar to the right.

I’m halfway through the first volume of a speculative fiction series. It came out of nowhere! I had no idea this one was coming.

It started with a request from a friend to submit something for her latest project. Somehow, some of the details there morphed into an Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, part Steampunk tale with the odd popular culture reference (though not particularly dated).

At first I figured it was just something I was doing to amuse myself and come down from the creative high. Frankly, I had no clue where it was going until I saw the story shaping in front of me. And there is something just ecstatic about writing by the seat of your pants.

I intended to leave it as a short story, but then as I thought about it and the opportunities it presented just in storytelling. It was so invigorating that I tried my hand at a cover which I am test marketing (in a very unscientific way, I just asked for opinions on Facebook).

The basic idea is to use the outline and change the image in the middle for each volume. I did not tell them that, nor did I explain the concept, I wanted a raw reaction. The first try is here.

It is, much like the story it represents, a work in progress (for one, the title for the series is likely to change). Any newcomers here may feel free to express their own opinion. There is no right or wrong, just information to add to the collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment